Guidance for CSVHFS Conference Presenters
As a member of the VHF/UHF/Microwave and Weak Signal Communities, we are seeking a great lineup of presentations to be provided at the event.
SOLICITATION AND TOPICS
The 2017 Central States VHF Society Conference is soliciting presentations on all weak-signal VHF and above amateur radio topics, including:
- Antennas including Modeling, Design, Arrays, and Control
- Test Equipment including Homebrew, Commercial, and Measurement Techniques & Tips
- Construction of equipment such as Transmitters, Receivers, and Transverters
- Operating including Contesting, Roving, and DXpeditions
- RF power amps including Single and Multi-band Vacuum Tube, Solid-state, and TWTAs
- Propagation including Ducting, Sporadic E, Tropospheric, Meteor Scatter, etc.
- Pre-amplifiers (low noise)
- Digital Modes WSJT, JT65, etc.
- Regulatory topics
- Moon Bounce
- Software-defined Radio (SDR)
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
Topics such as FM, repeater, packet radio, etc., are generally considered outside of the scope of presentations being sought. However, there are always exceptions. Please contact the point of contact below if you have any questions about the suitability of a particular topic.
PRESENTATION ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE
- Presentation abstracts must be submitted not later than: Monday, 12 June 2017.
- As there are a limited number of presentations slots available at the Conference, all submitted abstracts and presentation proposals will be reviewed by this year's planning committee and downselected to fit the number of available slots. Selection feedback will be provided shortly after the date above.
- Submissions accepted via email, Dropbox, Google Drive, CD/DVD, USB stick/thumb drive, etc.
- Contact the Proceedings point of contact prior to submitting formats other than those listed below.
- Submissions using any form of previously published or copyrighted material MUST include the copyright statement and written permission for reproduction.
- Authors retain copyright to the work. By submission, authors consent to publication in the Proceedings, both printed as well as electronic (if offered).
POINT OF CONTACT
- Ed James KA8JMW
- Snail mail: 10 Trade Ct., Edgewood, NM 87105
All technical program speakers will be provided a total of 60 minutes for their presentations. Please ensure that your setup, presentation, all Q&A, and teardown fit entirely within your time allotment. It will be important to remain on schedule as a courtesy to our attendees and the presenters that follow you. (VHF101, VHF102, and lunch/dinner special guests will have differing time allotments)
Ensure that your presentation’s fonts and text colors contrast significantly with your background color. This is to ensure that the audience, especially towards the back of the room, is able to read your content clearly.
Microsoft PowerPoint is the preferred format. If you need to present with an alternate format, please inform the point of contact in advance, and we will do what we can to accommodate you.
- For presentations that consist of only pictures, a PowerPoint file containing the photos in proper order is suggested.
- All presentations will be assembled onto a single laptop and tested to assure that they work prior to the start of the conference. Please advise if you will require any media as part of your presentation, ie., CD, USB stick/thumb drive or internet download.