The 2017 Central States VHF Society Conference is pleased to offer the following family activities and tours during the event.
Thursday, July 27
- Day trip and tour of the NRAO Very Large Array (website)
03 July Update: All available space for the special CSVHFS tour of the VLA has been filled. Per the VLA, we are not permitted to grow the special tour group any further, and each person registered for the tour will be credentialed for access.
If you were unable to register for the special tour before it filled but would still like to visit it during your time in New Mexico, the VLA offers a variety of standard walking tours that might interest you, and you may certainly participate in any of those on your own. Visit https://public.nrao.edu/visit/very-large-array/ for more information, hours of operations, and driving directions.
- Thursday evening attendee and family mixer at the CSVHFS venue
Friday, July 28
- Ride to the top of Sandia Crest (10,677 feet ASL) via the Sandia Peak Tramway (website)
- Lunch at the historical El Pinto restaurant (website)
- Tour of the Anderson Abruzzo International Balloon Museum (Dutch treat, website)
Saturday, July 29
- Day trip to the historic Plaza of Santa Fe, New Mexico (website)
- Shopping, sightseeing, and touring around the historic Plaza
- Lunch at iconic restaurants around the historic Plaza (Dutch treat)